Friday, March 20, 2009

Following On Your Terms: You Are The Boss


It is 2009. My, how we have progressed since Jesus gave His 'sermon on the mount' roughly two millenniums ago. Life was so much easier back then. Today, amidst all the technological advancement and responsibility in our lives, it is so much more complicated. There are so many things to take into consideration before judging someone for their lack of devotion to their Saviour. We have to live in this busy, dog-eat-dog society. and if we are going to survive and compete, there is no way we are expected to adhere to policies implemented so long ago.
Jesus had no idea of how intricate the nature of our modern society would become. All that He implied and suggested regarding how we were to live, was only meant for the people in His time.
-
The Ten Commandments was easy in a time when the people had so few problems with which to consider. When God gave the people those Commandments, they were intended only for that era. He certainly intended for us to alter and make amendments, in the same manner we must amend our Constitution. It was fine two centuries ago, but, now we have to change it to fit our way of life.
-
WARNING!
Reading beyond this point may cause
serious injury or DEATH to the
wretched person inside you
-
The previous stated ideas and philosophy is quite common among Christians, more than you would care to guess. I have heard it, lived with it, and have even believed some of it myself. As we choose to love the world, and everything in it, we must take on this way of thinking to support our misguided desires. To truly follow Jesus, and His Word, we would have to totally give up our love affair with the flesh. YES! That is exactly what He expected, even from us - two Millenniums ago.
-
God knew from the time we were created, the difficulties that faced us. The prophets in The Old Testament even knew how complicated our life would be, today. If we were to put down all our defence of our wretched ways long enough to read it, the Word of God prophetically points out the events we face today. Even if you are not a Theologian, you can understand enough to see that all the warnings and signs of the end times are at hand.
-
The Commandments were intended for all. the only One that ever existed on this earth not influenced by evil, was the Son of God. His arrival on this earth, and His second coming, was stated all throughout The Old Testament. His words were meant to be our way of life, regardless of the situation we live in today. It is the well crafted lies of the enemy which influences our non-conformity way of thinking and rationale.
-
We have always reached for higher learning and understanding to succeed in the world today. Our desire to succeed, greed, and will to control that which gets in our way, is enhanced and empowered by Satan. When the hunger to succeed in our will grows, so does the compromise of our morality. As long as things are going our way, and we are romanced by the world, we choose to live in the flesh.
-
Unfortunately, for most of us, it takes tragedy to lead us to the truth, which is the Word of God. If we did not stray, our Shepherd, Jesus, would lead us to a prosperous life, but, with commitment attached. Satan's way is easy, for a season. It feels so good when things are going our way, why would we ever give that up? Maybe out of love for the most Holy Saviour? Heaven forbid we fastened to righteousness. The enemy would send someone in our path to proclaim we are living in 'good works' and that would be lack of faith. Contrary to that myth, God expects us to be righteous.
-
My sister is a believer, to an extent. She sounds like a disciple when anyone else has a problem. She states we have 'little faith' and should trust in the Lord. When things are not going her way, she is far from godly thinking. She keeps self help books around her, but, no Bible. I have pointed out to her that certain books she follows, are demonic. Her favorite preacher is Joel Osteen, who is not a preacher of the Word, but, a motivational speaker who occasionally mentions the Bible, and misinterprets it. She will become angry, and state abruptly, "You believe what you want". It's such a shame how misled, and misleading Osteen is, as I knew of his father, Rev John Osteen, passed away, whom I considered to be a true man of God. It's not all about numbers.
-
None of us should believe what we want. We should only believe His Word. It is not tricky, or deceiving. The enemy makes it sound that way, to influence our rebellion of it. I mentioned to a couple of the guys in my Bible Group, three years ago, that I wanted to go to Washington in support of Israel with the Christians United For Israel. The anger which seethed from them scared me, and I am not easily frightened. They began a verbal lashing, quoting 1John 2:15: Do not love the world, or the things in the world. The love of the Father is is not in those who love the world. They not only acted like demons in trying to make their ill fated point, they couldn't see the truth in what God meant by those words.
-
The dreadful thing of it is, I am not talking about atheists. Rather, I am referring to "Christians". The ones that should be a disciple for Christ, are, for the most part, the biggest violators of His Word. It breaks my heart, that so many are fooled into believing they are alright. It broke my heart when I heard a man whom I always considered holy, imply to millions on various networks, Jesus was not the only way. I don't know if Dr Billy Graham was experiencing complications with his medication, or what, but, he wasted a whole life of dedication to the Lord in just a few seconds, on Rev Robert Schuller's weekly show.
-
Satan has managed to infiltrate even the strongest Christians. I ask everyone to pray for Dr Graham, as I have not heard of an explicit retraction to his statement on The Hour of Power that night. I don't mean some dancing around public statement which excuses his comments. He needs to make a closed circuit message to the whole world, just as his confused message was heard around the world. Pray that happens, please.
-
We all are led astray for a moment, at times. But, when we refuse to see the truth and live in iniquity, we are not saved, no matter how many ugly messages you send me. You are the one who is misled, if you live in a way that is offensive to the Lord, not me. You are the one who will be looking around for a loved one, or an office colleague, or the rest of your church, seconds after the rapture takes place if you deny the Word. Many evangelists will keep you company. It would almost be funny, that I am talking to Christians, if the outcome wasn't so horrible. This is reality. I am not a kook, or a religious fanatic. God knows, I don't believe in religion. I rebelled against this mission God called me to do.
-
It was as with Moses, not that I am comparing myself to Moses. The situation, where he did not see any way he could 'pull off ' what God was telling him to do. I bucked the idea at first, but, the Lord set it all up, and I finally obeyed. I could tell you things that would 'knock your socks off ' as to how this came to be - me, of all people, writing and ministering to people. I have never written about it, so don't speculate if you've been a loyal follower. I just hope I can get through to some, as I know, realistically, I won't appeal to many. That is too bad. I pray I get through to as many as possible. When you see me, after Jesus takes us up, please, let me know who you are, so I will feel blessed, and we can laugh about my grammar. God Bless you.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete