Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Plague Abounds


I must give credit, where credit is due. This article was inspired by the recent teachings of Jonathan Falwell, son of the late Jerry Falwell. A very public figure, his message is heard by millions every week. When I heard his latest sermon, "Biblical Integrity", I knew exactly what Jesus felt when he was outraged at the Temple and drove out the merchants as they were desecrating the house of His Father (Mat 21:12).
*
Most of Mr. Falwell's message was the usual soft, 'warm & fuzzy' sermon I have heard so many times. The certain ideology that really struck me, however, was the profound statement he delivered, "Even if you are living a life of sin, you cannot lose your salvation". Usually I am cautious about using direct quotes, but, as in the case with Larry Huch, I do not want to deprive them of something to ponder when half (optimistic) of their church is gone, and they are 'left behind'. Larry Huch feels God does not expect "Americans in 2009" to follow His Word as it was written two millenniums ago.
*
Once again, as so many others before him, Mr Falwell quoted scripture from Apostle Paul. We must remember, Paul was writing to believers, not heathens. It was Apostle Paul who wrote in the letter to the Galatians 2:20, It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and this life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave His life for me.
*
When we took the step in faith, and accepted Christ as our Saviour, we died to sin. We were washed clean of the sin of our past. As believers, we are not simply committing to the vow of believing Jesus died on the Cross, therefore, we can now go on living a life of sin without guilt. Being 'born again' means our heart has been changed and we have now committed to following Christ. We are to live our life as though He could return any minute. We have been so displaced from that notion, we rationalize everything we do which we know offends God.
*
By giving these totally false messages, the false teachers are watering down our concept of the need to follow God's Word. The good news is that we were given the opportunity to fellowship with God and secure our place in Heaven. We didn't do anything to deserve this. By God's standard we are filthy, even if we are at our best. We are saved by His Grace alone. To give into sin is mocking His effort for us and spitting on Jesus. We are in effect crucifying Jesus all over again when we willfully sin.
*
Preachers who spread this diluted message that Christ died for our sin so we wouldn't feel guilty as we continue to sin, should find an honest job, or call their new religion something else. Their message is in no way a true reflection of Christianity. How can seemingly intelligent people misconstrue God's Word so profoundly? Satan's confusion. Satan's goal is to keep as many as possible from salvation. When so much contradiction and hypocrisy abounds, there is no standard. When people are conceived to be godly and contradict God's Word, atheists catch it easier than believers. When they see no unity or conformity, why should they believe?
*
As a Christian, our heart is transformed and we turn away from sin. As we unintentionally sin, the gift of the Holy Spirit in our life makes us feel conviction for the sin and we immediately repent and turn our focus back on God and we are forgiven. When we willfully sin we are turning away from God and His goodness. He is all righteous and just and hates sin. As followers, we are to hate sin, as well. We are human and not expected to be Saints, but we are expected to be disciples, as was Paul, who the misguided preachers love to quote.
*
Jesus was not 'pulling our leg' when he said, "Not everyone who says to me 'Lord, Lord' will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he that does the will of my Father which is in Heaven"(Mat 7:21).
*
Are we to believe that we should only live by that portion of God's Word that was written in a way we can manipulate it to make us feel better? This is what Falwell and so many others like him want you to believe. Should we then disregard the parts of the Bible that conflicts with our heathen lifestyle? Is our biggest sin really feeling guilty about our sin? In Mat 7:21 Jesus was talking to you Mr Falwell, and all of you who pervert His Word to increase your attendance. Jesus was speaking directly to people who profess Him with their mouth, but, ignore His Word and live wickedly.
*
This is why most Christians have a rude awakening ahead. I have a fairly strong following of my articles. It is not because my writing is popular. Most of whom keep up with my message, are only doing so to find another angle for which to argue. I receive much more hate mail, than support for what I relay. When I first started to relay God's message, all I received was condemnation. For so long it did not bother me, as I knew I was being obedient.
*
There came a day when I even started to doubt myself. I fervently prayed for God to somehow confirm I was sending out an accurate account. Mind you, up to that point, I was the only person I knew of relaying this message. You won't find it on TBN or Daystar. I had not had time to do enough research to confirm...I only did what I was told.
*
I had Pastors and seasoned Christians attacking me because I was contradicting their way of preaching. That day, when I was looking for confirmation from God, I was afraid He would think I was showing lack of faith in what He directed me to carry out. I knew I should not question His will, but, I needed to know I was not misinterpreting what He had told me. Immediately, as I got off my knees, I was Divinely directed to several Christians, one after another, who also were called to spread the same message. I realized then, it was the enemy attempting to instill doubt in me, but, God is most merciful. If we are operating in His Will, His Grace abounds. If you stay persistent, He will guide you in every aspect of your life. If you do not seek His Will, Satan will find a break in your faith and get a stronghold, as he has done with so many Christians.
*
Don't rely on any man to tell you if you are saved. Pick up the Word of God and give your heart to Him, instead of rebelling over His Word. You are not accomplishing anything by burying your head in the sand. Jesus does not fall for your ignorant act, no matter how much you will it. If you are living in sin without repentance, He is not there. Jesus says, "Go away from me you that work iniquity, I never knew you" (Mat 7:23). Again, He is speaking to people who profess Him.
*
The following is the message I "Dared to send to such a man of God" (another direct quote).
*

email to J Falwell:
I realize Pastor Falwell is too busy to read an email which does not address anything relevant to the moment, but, I must do my part by attempting to get the message to him. You better examine yourself and where your salvation stands. You live and teach a myth that just because we say a prayer once, and profess with our mouth, we can "Live a life of sin" and cannot lose our salvation. Really? If you choose to believe that, is one thing, but, you are teaching it to people which whom are not understanding you are misled. They use your very words to live a life of sin. I know you say it separates a relation with the Lord. I know, they are responsible to find out the truth on their own, and will be accountable on their own. It is not an excuse that they listened to a misled preacher. But your irresponsible teaching is growing the separation of God and His people. Not exactly on the narrow path are you? And the title of your sermon is Biblical Integrity

It probably wouldn't do you any harm to read what Biblical Integrity really is about. I was led by the Lord to address this very issue. It is very sad to have a calling to tell Christians they cannot live as they want. I am sure your vanity will keep you from reading anything contrary to what you believe and teach. You will be just as stubborn as Larry Flint was with your father, as he tried and tried to reason with him. Your father felt he had a calling, to address a disease in this country. I am not intending to sound insulting when I say your words are contributing to that disease. I am not a kook or religious fanatic. I didn't even want the mission God Divinely led me to do. Please, if you are a staff member reading this, make some attempt to relay this message to Mr Falwell, in God's Holy name. I will continue to pray for you, and hope God can turn your heart around and refrain from your 'warm & fuzzy sermon' which serves only Satan. God Bless you and your family.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Unfortunately in alot of the churches the preaching is watered down Christianity so they don't "offend" anyone.

    ReplyDelete